01:13 AM, 10 May 2026
Fetching weather...
Watch Live

Bondi Beach attacker faces new charges after deadly shooting

Gravatar Avatar Rabbia Zafar | 4 days ago
**Title:** Bondi Beach attacker faces new charges after deadly shooting --- **News story (≈300 words):** A man accused of killing 15 people in a mass shooting at Bondi Beach in Australia has been charged with multiple additional offences, according to court documents released on Wednesday. Naveed Akram is alleged to have opened fire during a Hanukkah celebration in December, when families had gathered at the popular beach in Sydney. The attack, which investigators say was carefully planned over several months, also left several others injured and triggered nationwide shock. The 24-year-old was previously charged with 15 counts of murder and committing an act of terrorism. He now faces 19 additional charges, including multiple counts of shooting with intent to murder, wounding with intent to murder, and firing a weapon while resisting arrest. He remains in high-security custody and has not yet indicated how he will plead. His father, Sajid Akram, 50, who is alleged to have been involved in the attack, was shot and killed by police during the incident. The case is now part of a broader public inquiry into Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in 30 years. The inquiry is examining how the attack was planned, intelligence failures, and the rise of anti-Semitic sentiment in the country. Inquiry chair Virginia Bell said rising anti-Semitism in Australia reflects a broader global trend linked to tensions in the Middle East, warning that international conflicts can quickly fuel hostility toward Jewish communities. Following the attack, Australia introduced proposed gun law reforms, including a nationwide buyback scheme, though political disagreements have slowed its implementation. Investigators earlier revealed that Akram had been flagged by intelligence authorities in 2019 but was later considered not an immediate threat. Evidence also suggests he and his father trained with firearms and recorded extremist videos prior to the attack. --- **Tags:** Australia, Bondi Beach, terrorism, court case, anti-Semitism, mass shooting --- **Meta description:** Bondi Beach attacker Naveed Akram faces 19 new charges after a deadly mass shooting that killed 15 people during a Hanukkah event in Australia. --- **Focus key phrase:** Bondi Beach attacker new charges --- **Slug (6 words):** bondi-beach-attacker-faces-new-charges
**Title:** Bondi Beach attacker faces new charges after deadly shooting --- **News story (≈300 words):** A man accused of killing 15 people in a mass shooting at Bondi Beach in Australia has been charged with multiple additional offences, according to court documents released on Wednesday. Naveed Akram is alleged to have opened fire during a Hanukkah celebration in December, when families had gathered at the popular beach in Sydney. The attack, which investigators say was carefully planned over several months, also left several others injured and triggered nationwide shock. The 24-year-old was previously charged with 15 counts of murder and committing an act of terrorism. He now faces 19 additional charges, including multiple counts of shooting with intent to murder, wounding with intent to murder, and firing a weapon while resisting arrest. He remains in high-security custody and has not yet indicated how he will plead. His father, Sajid Akram, 50, who is alleged to have been involved in the attack, was shot and killed by police during the incident. The case is now part of a broader public inquiry into Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in 30 years. The inquiry is examining how the attack was planned, intelligence failures, and the rise of anti-Semitic sentiment in the country. Inquiry chair Virginia Bell said rising anti-Semitism in Australia reflects a broader global trend linked to tensions in the Middle East, warning that international conflicts can quickly fuel hostility toward Jewish communities. Following the attack, Australia introduced proposed gun law reforms, including a nationwide buyback scheme, though political disagreements have slowed its implementation. Investigators earlier revealed that Akram had been flagged by intelligence authorities in 2019 but was later considered not an immediate threat. Evidence also suggests he and his father trained with firearms and recorded extremist videos prior to the attack. --- **Tags:** Australia, Bondi Beach, terrorism, court case, anti-Semitism, mass shooting --- **Meta description:** Bondi Beach attacker Naveed Akram faces 19 new charges after a deadly mass shooting that killed 15 people during a Hanukkah event in Australia. --- **Focus key phrase:** Bondi Beach attacker new charges --- **Slug (6 words):** bondi-beach-attacker-faces-new-charges

A man accused of killing 15 people in a mass shooting at Bondi Beach in Australia has been charged with multiple additional offences, according to court documents released on Wednesday.

Naveed Akram is alleged to have opened fire during a Hanukkah celebration in December, when families had gathered at the popular beach in Sydney. The attack, which investigators say was carefully planned over several months, also left several others injured and triggered nationwide shock.

The 24-year-old was previously charged with 15 counts of murder and committing an act of terrorism. He now faces 19 additional charges, including multiple counts of shooting with intent to murder, wounding with intent to murder, and firing a weapon while resisting arrest. He remains in high-security custody and has not yet indicated how he will plead.

Oil prices fall after Trump halts Hormuz shipping project

His father, Sajid Akram, 50, who is alleged to have been involved in the attack, was shot and killed by police during the incident.

The case is now part of a broader public inquiry into Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in 30 years. The inquiry is examining how the attack was planned, intelligence failures, and the rise of anti-Semitic sentiment in the country.

Inquiry chair Virginia Bell said rising anti-Semitism in Australia reflects a broader global trend linked to tensions in the Middle East, warning that international conflicts can quickly fuel hostility toward Jewish communities.

Following the attack, Australia introduced proposed gun law reforms, including a nationwide buyback scheme, though political disagreements have slowed its implementation.

Investigators earlier revealed that Akram had been flagged by intelligence authorities in 2019 but was later considered not an immediate threat. Evidence also suggests he and his father trained with firearms and recorded extremist videos prior to the attack.

 

you may like
TRENDING NOW
MUST WATCH
INNOVATION